Sunday, June 21, 2009

Grey, clay, and chocolate chips :)

Brand new blog, and already I've fallen behind. It's grey and cold today (what happened to summer?) but a good day to spend in the studio, cutting out clay whales, and cats, and birds, and leaves, and acorns... Came up with some pretty cute spotted seals yesterday, a couple of big, goofy mantees, a cool new way to do D.'s beach fence, and two cute hummingbirds. Finished most of the sheep, and have started on the angels.

Would be a great day for some baking. I may not have time (and every surface in the kitchen is covered with clay at the moment!) but in case you do, here's a great blondie recipe from my friend Jeanne, via Alyssa. The first time I made it I goofed, and they turned out terrible, and I refused to try again for a couple of years. Silly me. Finally had Alyssa send the recipe again, made them (they're super-easy: I have no idea what I could have done wrong that first time!) they were FABULOUS, and now I make them whenever I can. Sometimes I put in 1/2 cup of nuts, as well.

For the person who asked me the other day what 'blondies' are, it's like a giant, soft chocolate-chip cookie / bar in a pan. This recipe makes one 8"x8" pan, but you can easily increase it to make more.
YUM!



Best Blondies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt 1/3 cup butter and set aside.

Sift together and set aside:
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add 1 cup light brown sugar to melted butter and mix.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla to 1 slightly beaten egg, then add to brown sugar & butter mixture.
Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just to blend.

I put about 1 cup of chocolate chips (and/or 1/2 cup of nuts) in at the last minute and just barely mix in. Press dough gently (it'll seem like there's barely enough) into an 8" x8" pan. (I use glass.)

BAKE at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (Don't overbake)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, my mouth's watering already! I must try it, when I'm done washing and sorting my seaglass... :-)

    ReplyDelete